In fashionable Knightsbridge, The Berkeley is one of the leading 5-star hotels in London: luxurious, welcoming, ready to meet the needs of the modern traveller. Breath-taking luxury hotel suites fuse comfort, stylish design and the latest innovations; a heavenly swimming pool and luxury spa provide a seventh-floor retreat overlooking Hyde Park. The stars come out for award-winning cocktails at the Blue Bar, and fashionistas join us for Prêt-à-Portea, our catwalk-inspired London afternoon tea in our Collins Room. The Berkeley forms part of the Maybourne Hotel Group, London's ultra-luxury hotel company. A career with Maybourne Hotel Group will put you side by side with people who amaze our guests with individual experiences and aim for perfection in everything they do.
Main duties & responsibilities
To join our kitchen team around Executive Chef Shaun Whatling, we are currently recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Chef de Partie. As a Senior Chef de Partie you will play an integral part of our Kitchen Brigade. You will assist the Sous Chefs in the preparation and service of food, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times. As a Senior Chef De Partie you will be responsible for culinary delights for our Collins Room restaurant, In-Room Dining, Banqueting Events and Health Club & Spa. In addition, you will be responsible for the supervision and development of the Chef de Partie, Demi Chef de Partie, Commis Chef and Trainee Chefs within the department.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Senior Chef de Partie who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. You will be a team player, have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality and service.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Exceptional culinary skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident and professional approach
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.