On average, Muse, our staff restaurant serves 80 breakfasts, 250 lunches and 160 dinner in a day, 7 days a week.
Your duties will be to be responsible for day to day preparation and service of food in the Staff Restaurant, ensuring that the highest standards required by the hotel are maintained at all times. To ensure that strict hygiene controls are performed in all kitchen and service areas. To assist with a smooth running of the kitchen and service when the Head Chef is not present. To ensure Health and Safety standards are kept high and procedures are followed.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Being responsible for the production of food within your designated section.
- Ensuring that food preparation is of the highest standard at all times.
- Submitting a correct food stock sheet for your section to Sous Chef
- Ensuring good rotation of stocks and correct storage procedures.
- Ensure that the appropriate amount of mise-en-place is kept in stock.
- Correct procedures are used, particularly in the preparation of sensitive commodities.
- Encourage communication regarding food service, especially when highly individual and personalised service is demanded
- To ensure that maximum effort is given to achieve an efficient service whilst maintaining the highest possible standards.
- To supervise and motivate staff in your section.
- Strong customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Ability to deal with high profile clients in a professional manner
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.