A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Group Sales Executive to join the Sales & Marketing team at Maybourne Hotel Group.
Maybourne Hotel Group owns and manages Claridge's, The Connaught, The Berkeley, The Maybourne Beverly Hills and The Maybourne Riviera – five of the world's most renowned hotels. Our hotels have histories that stretch back over a century. And, while each one retains its timeless appeal and individual nature, we are committed to ensuring they are always in tune with the wants and wishes of today’s discerning guests.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Group Sales Executive you will be responsible for converting group enquiries for the Maybourne Hotel Group properties into clients. This is an important role as it generates key revenue for Maybourne Hotel Group in both accommodation and events.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Qualify leads from varying sources to ascertain business potential for groups and events at all three MHG properties.
- Responding to enquiries and providing timely group proposals based upon qualification information and venue suitability.
- Pro-actively following up on all tentative bookings, keeping the Group Sales Manager and Sales/Account Manager informed as to the progress of all bookings.
- Issuing contracts upon successful negotiation, this includes calculating deposits and understanding cancellation policies.
- Working with the Sales Team to identify potential sources of groups and events business by analysing evidence of buyer activity in competitor hotels, trade directories and following up referred sales leads as required.
- Daily office coverage, answering telephone calls and responding to internal and external emails.
This is an exciting role for a talented, organised individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service. You will demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and a genuine knowledge and interest in the luxury hospitality industry.
Successful candidates for our Group Sales Executive opportunity will:
- Have previous experience within a hotel corporate group sales environment.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Maybourne Hotel Group and show a commitment to consistent quality in our products and services.
- Have strong organisational and time management skills.
- Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer care skills and ability to work under pressure, with excellent attention to detail
- Possess an excellent telephone manner, verbal and written English.
- Have a high standard of personal presentation with confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.