Group IT Operations Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Group IT Operations Manager to join the Information Technology team at Maybourne Hotel Group Support Office.
Maybourne Hotel Group owns and manages Claridge's, The Connaught, The Berkeley, The Maybourne Beverly Hills and The Maybourne Riviera – five of the world's most renowned hotels. Our hotels have histories that stretch back over a century. And, while each one retains its timeless appeal and individual nature, we are committed to ensuring they are always in tune with the wants and wishes of today’s discerning guests.
Main duties & responsibilities
The Group IT Operations Manager will be responsible for the daily management of the IT Support staff and monitoring all systems to ensure best practice.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and directing the day-today activities of the Information Technology department, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely
- Leading the team that develops and implements network and servers, responding to user helpdesk requests and monitoring system stability and performance.
- Providing guidance and leadership to the IT department and IT’s technicians, but also directly supporting end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues.
- Overseeing data backup and system security operations.
- Managing installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software.
Successful candidates for the Group IT Operations Manager opportunity will have proven experience as an IT Operations Manager, together with:
- Experience with system installation, configuration, and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.