Senior Sales Manager - Groups
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Sales Manager – Groups to join the Maybourne Sales team.
Maybourne owns and manages Claridge's, The Connaught, The Berkeley, The Maybourne Beverly Hills, The Maybourne Riviera and The Emory – six of the world's most renowned hotels. Our hotels have histories that stretch back over a century. And, while each one retains its timeless appeal and individual nature, we are committed to ensuring they are always in tune with the wants and wishes of today’s discerning guests.
Based in London, as a Senior Sales Manager – Groups you will proactively generate group enquiries and manage accounts for Maybourne including MICE agencies, UK Corporate Group planners and other industries requiring group bookings.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the Senior Sales Manager – Groups role include but are not limited to:
- Develop a close and productive working relationship with MICE agents, DMCs and clients within the other sectors requiring group business.
- Proactively target new group business opportunities for all Maybourne properties and provide leads for the Group Sales Team.
- Obtain and maintain detailed product knowledge of all accommodation, private events and food & beverage.
- Identify current market trends (via market and competitor analysis), recommending appropriate measures to ensure that the Group responds competitively.
- Identify potential sources of business (using the various resources available) by analysing evidence of buyer activity in competitor hotels in order to gain market share and to follow up referred sales leads.
- To conduct proactive calls with identified business sources, assess potential and arrange sales appointments (Goals will be set).
- To proactively conduct weekly client appointments either in person or virtually within agreed parameters, completing call notes in Salesforce and instigating agreed follow up activities.
- Conduct sales presentations and represent Maybourne and conduct Sales trips to appropriate countries and relevant showcases/trade shows.
- To conduct Familiarisation trips to ensure all agencies are kept up to date with the hotels.
- To conduct show rounds of all hotel facilities to potential and existing clients ensuring that they are introduced to key Operational Managers and GM’s where appropriate. This may include evening client entertainment with Hotel teams.
Successful candidates for our Senior Sales Manager – Groups opportunity will:
- Have previous experience within luxury hotel Group Sales environment.
- Possess an excellent telephone manner, verbal and written English.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Salesforce and Opera is highly desirable.
- Have strong organisational and time management skills.
- Strong customer care skills and ability to work under pressure, with excellent attention to detail, and proactive approach to finding new business.
- Have a high standard of personal presentation with confident, professional and welcoming personality.
- Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Maybourne and show a commitment to consistent quality in our products and services.
This is an exciting role for a talented, organised individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service. You will demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and a genuine knowledge and interest in the luxury hospitality industry.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now