Global Head of Retail (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for a Global Head of Retail (12-month Fixed Term Contract) to lead a small and growing team as we further define and develop our retail business. A new vertical, we are creating an elegant and highly aspirational lifestyle brand and online / instore destination, reflecting the values and spirit of Maybourne, drawing on the unique narratives, histories and sense of place of each of the hotels.
Still in its infancy, this is an exciting time to join the team and help shape and define the business. An entrepreneurial approach and creative thinking will be key.
As a Global Head of Retail you will be responsible for managing a small and growing team/s (Buying, Merchandising, Ecommerce, Operations). Reporting into the COO this role sits as part of the Maybourne Executive Committee.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Managing team’s development and training goals.
- With clear planning and strategic thinking, define and agree key seasonal KPIs with COO.
- To monitor and control expenditure and sign off all Retail invoices.
- Multi-channel sales and stock forecasting across Ecommerce and UK and International doors– ensuring adequate stock for Ecommerce, boutiques, spa concepts and hotel gifting requests.
- Managing stock movements and monitoring stock integrity, liaising with Finance/Cost Control.
- Drive and implement creative new concepts suitable to our customer base.
- Lead the buying team in actively sourcing new suppliers and brand partnerships/collaborations.
- Use sales and performance information to steer the Buying team to maximise opportunities.
- Continually strive to improve and build mutually effective supplier relationships, as well as identify new sourcing opportunities and provide focused, clear development direction to the current supplier base.
- Manage and trade the online platforms. Manage all product uploads, (imagery, copy, pricing, availability), photography calendar using external studio partner, seasonal lifestyle shoots (in collaboration with Marketing).
- Manage relationships with 3rd Party Logistics / Warehouse – with manual stock management system.
- Provide sales forecasting and planning for peak trading periods and any additional works required (eg. Hamper / giftbox packing)
- Continued review of stock management and action to implement new multi-channel system as business expands.
- Communicate effectively with local & international boutique teams, particularly with regard to new season launches and product training.
Successful candidates for our Global Head of Retail opportunity will:
With solid proven experience within the luxury market, you are likely working at Director or Head of Buying / Merchandising level. But other disciplines considered.
- Leading across several disciplines, buying, merchandising, ecommerce, logistics and operations – being able to demonstrate a range of experience and cross-functional working will be beneficial.
- Highly numerate with strong planning / budgeting and analytical skills, you will feel confident proposing and managing budgets, compiling P+Ls, defining department KPIs and OTBs.
- You’ll be able to apply your commercial experience to sourcing and collaborating with interesting and innovative designers, makers and producers.
- With multi-category experience, you will be used to sourcing and managing a diverse portfolio of brands and have worked in both NPD and selection buying. In this role you will work be required to work across homeware, food, drink, fashion, beauty, bath & body categories.
- Experience in a multi-channel business required.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour employee assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant employee recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Employee of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Staff Party, Annual Staff Children Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now