Human Resources Manager (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking an exceptional Human Resources Manager (Maternity Cover) to join the Maybourne Head Office Human Resources team.
Maybourne owns and manages Claridge's, The Connaught, The Berkeley, The Maybourne Beverly Hills, The Maybourne Riviera and The Emory (Opening in Spring 2024) – some of the world's most renowned hotels. Our hotels have histories that stretch back over a century. And, while each one retains its timeless appeal and individual nature, we are committed to ensuring they are always in tune with the wants and wishes of today’s discerning guests.
As a Human Resources Manager (Maternity Cover) you will be responsible of providing a highly effective Human Resources advice and guidance service to all departments within Maybourne Head Office across the Human Resources remit, including; recruitment and selection, performance management, employee relations, payroll and reward and recognition.
This is an exciting role for a talented, organised individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service. You will demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and a genuine knowledge and interest in the luxury hospitality industry.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager (Maternity Cover) role include but are not limited to:
- Assist with overseeing Maybourne communications approach in all colleague and HR related matters, ensuring highly engaging communication methods which fit with the Maybourne internal HR brand, including; noticeboards, newsletters, quarterly presentations, announcements, internal and social events.
- Manage and oversee the recruitment and selection process for Maybourne Head Office, ensuring a highly effective attraction approach, maximizing the profile of Maybourne brand from an employment perspective, and to secure best available talent within an appropriate timeframe.
- Ensure highly effective employee relations handling is in place across all aspects of HR and people management, delivering effective and appropriate support for managers in all performance management and ER related activities. Ensure company policy and best practice is adopted and matters are communicated to the Global Head of Human Resources
- Oversee the Maybourne reward and recognition programmes, ensuring systems are in place for timely and well organised events or communications including; the social agenda, birthdays, Colleague of the Month and Year, annual award programmes and Long Service recognition
- Oversee the planning and coordination of Career Fairs and College/University open days as required, ensuring Maybourne is effectively represented and profiled externally.
- Ensure referencing and right to work and immigration checks are being undertaken within the required timescales and audited in accordance with company policies and legislative requirements to ensure full compliance. Prioritise and action areas in need and ensure these are communicated to the Director of HR.
- Monitor and review the Maybourne Head Office budgeted headcount, highlighting, investigating and reporting any variances and making recommendations for review when required.
- Provide reports and updates on HR performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required, such as analysis of absence, payroll and costs, labour turnover and ensure control of The Connaught payroll costs in line with revenue and budget expectations.
Successful candidates for our Human Resources Manager (Maternity Cover) opportunity will:
- Proven experience in Recruitment and Human Resources management, preferably in hospitality industry.
- In-depth knowledge of HR functions, policies, and best practices.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple initiatives.
- Colleague-centric mindset with a passion for improving the colleague experience.
- Have strong organisational and time management skills.
- Strong customer care skills and ability to work under pressure, with excellent attention to detail.
- Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Have a high standard of personal presentation with confident, professional and welcoming personality.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Maybourne and show a commitment to consistent quality in our products and services.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now