We are seeking an exceptional Design Intern to join the Maybourne Design team for 6-months full-time internship.
Maybourne owns and manages Claridge's, The Connaught, The Berkeley, The Maybourne Beverly Hills, The Maybourne Riviera and The Emory – six of the world's most renowned hotels. Our hotels have histories that stretch back over a century. And, while each one retains its timeless appeal and individual nature, we are committed to ensuring they are always in tune with the wants and wishes of today’s discerning guests.
As a Design Intern you will work closely with the Design team to develop your design skills. This position takes direction from the senior designers and works collaboratively to complete various design projects and office tasks. Projects will consist of conceptual through schematic design including, but not limited to obtaining quotes, design materials, furniture, and floors plans, and producing project specifications.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the Design Intern role include but are not limited to:
- Assist other design team members in an integrated design process for various projects.
- Keeping the library samples and boxes up to date and easy to reference.
- Assist the project team in sourcing, sampling, and creating FF&E designs.
- Assist the project team in documenting FF&E design on a variety of project types.
- Assist with project record-keeping.
- Assist in site visits to prepare for installation / site surveys.
- Assist the project team in producing presentation materials and in coordinating FF&E designs.
- Assist on general design studio/office tasks when required.
Successful candidates for our Design Intern opportunity will:
- Enrolled in an Interior Design program at an accredited college or university.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, InDesign, SketchUp, Photoshop, and hand sketching.
- Possess an excellent telephone manner, verbal and written English.
- Have strong organisational and time management skills.
- Strong customer care skills and ability to work under pressure, with excellent attention to detail.
- Have a high standard of personal presentation with confident, professional and welcoming personality.
- Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Maybourne and show a commitment to consistent quality in our products and services.
This is an exciting role for a talented, organised individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service. You will demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and a genuine knowledge and interest in the luxury hospitality industry.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now