Accounts Clerk / Cashier
Maybourne Hotel Group
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Clerk / Cashier to join the Maybourne Hotel Group covering our properties in Central London.
Maybourne Hotel Group which owns and manages Claridge's, The Connaught, The Berkeley, The Maybourne Beverly Hills and The Maybourne Riviera – five of the world's most renowned hotels. Our hotels have histories that stretch back over a century. And, while each one retains its timeless appeal and individual nature, we are committed to ensuring they are always in tune with the wants and wishes of today’s discerning guests.
Scope and Purpose
In the role of Accounts Clerk / Cashier you will be responsible of controlling the cash within the hotel.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Daily Banking - Controlling the hotels daily banking including: Process and bank Cashiers daily takings (Front Office, F& B outlets and Spa); Issuing reimbursements for Front Office and Concierge; Reconciling and posting banking journals in SUN; Recording and banking of AR Ledger Cheques; General liaison with bank as required.
- Petty Cash - Collection of petty cash dockets from the cashiers; Validating the completeness of the petty cash dockets as per the Policy and Procedures laid down by the hotel; Paying out of petty cash; Numbering and entering the petty cash dockets onto a consolidated spreadsheet (weekly) keeping an updated review of all expenses; Ensuring that all petty cash slips are coded to the correct expense account and posted in SUN within the correct accounting period in which the expense occurred; Ensuring that the correct petty cash reimbursement is given to the cashiers.
- Foreign Exchange - Ensure that all foreign exchange transactions are performed and accounted for at the correct exchange rate and that the money received from Travelex is correct.
- Floats - Ensuring that at all times the total amount of floats within the hotel can be correctly accounted for; Conducting regular spot checks on float values; Maintaining records of float holders; Ensuring that staff members are trained to account for their own floats before a float is issued; Maintaining Cashier float and petty cash float with regular float checks.
- Assisting Cost Controller - To ensure that all invoices posted on a daily basis; To export and post invoice into SUN; To assist with adhoc duties.
- Travel agent commission - TA commissions will be paid via Pegasus/ Onyx; Resolving queries and liaising with travel agents and Pegasus/ Onyx as required; Processing of all F&B related commission payments; Recording of outstanding commission liabilities at month end.
This is an exciting Accounts Clerk / Cashier role and an ideal step to further your career with a fantastic finance team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual, ideally someone who has worked in a similar Accounts Clerk / Cashier role within the hospitality or travel and tourism industry. We would be looking for someone that has outstanding people management skills, a keen eye for detail and exceptional organisational abilities. The role is varied and involves a great deal of interaction with all departments within the Hotel.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Strong customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Advanced Sun Systems & Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- A good understanding of all areas of the Accounts department preferred
This is a fantastic role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.