Once again this year, the Maybourne Riviera is on the lookout for new talent. After achieving 26th place worldwide in the first edition of the World's 50 Best Hotels in September 2023, 2024 promises to be another exciting year, full of new challenges.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for an Executive Housekeeper who will be responsible for :
- Prepare all budgets for linen, uniforms in collaboration with the various department heads, department payroll and equipment;
- Supervise all inventories of hotel linen, uniforms, equipment and hospitality products, and manage inventories at least quarterly;
- Control all cleaning operations for areas under his/her responsibility, liaise with the various department heads to ensure that maintenance and cleaning standards are maintained at the highest level, ensure that specific periodic maintenance phases are carried out and planned in advance (equipment, carpets, windows, etc.);
- Scrupulously control cleaning and maintenance costs in line with predetermined annual budgets;
- Take charge of floral decoration for the entire hotel and ensure overall consistency of floral decoration across all departments, in line with established budgets;
- Maintain constant contact with the Technical Department to ensure that rooms, suites, corridors, back areas, public spaces and any other areas under his/her responsibility are in perfect condition, and report any non-conformities to them for preventive maintenance;
- Manage supplier relations with linen and uniform suppliers, and submit all purchase orders to the Deputy Director or General Manager;
- Supervise the Pressing and Linen departments, to ensure that all items required by customers and departments are available;
- Check that renovations in guest rooms or public areas are carried out in line with established budgets, and that rooms are released for sale on time;
- Submit prepared budgets for approval to the Assistant Manager, Finance Director and General Manager;
- Update expenditure forecasts at the requested frequency, in line with changes in occupancy rates and business forecasts;
- Train all teams in Maybourne Riviera service quality standards, Forbes and LQA service quality standards, and monitor all teams' compliance with these standards at the highest level;
- Monitor staff training throughout the department;
- Organize cross-trainings with the Reception department to promote understanding and fluidity between the two departments;
JOINING THE MAYBOURNE RIVIERA MEANS...
- Joining a dynamic, creative team, motivated by the idea of making customers dream a little more every day;
- Being part of the 26th best hotel in the world and the best hotel in France;
- Benefit from a discovery stay that allows you to live the customer experience from 6 months of seniority, including cocktails in the Bar, dinner in the Restaurant, overnight stay in the hotel and breakfast;
- Take advantage of special rates and enjoy an unforgettable customer experience;
- Free shuttle service between Carnolès station and the hotel every 30 minutes for those using public transport;
- Staff parking;
- Profit-sharing ;
- Value-sharing bonus under certain conditions;
You are :
You have :
- 2 years' experience in a room service position in a five-star or luxury hotel.
- A sense of responsibility, attention to detail and team spirit.
- Fluent French; Advanced English. Italian would be a plus.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now