abc kitchens - Waiter/ess
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Waiter/ess to join the opening abc kitchens team at The Emory.
Designed by Rémi Tessier and featuring artworks by Damien Hirst, abc kitchens at The Emory brings chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s acclaimed abc brand to the UK for the very first time. Vibrant, approachable and contemporary, the restaurant’s glass facade promises views of Hyde Park and Kensington, while the menu brings together delicious elements from a trio of Jean-Georges’ New York locations — abc kitchen, abcV and abc cocina.
The Maybourne is proud to introduce a new architectural landmark to London. The final project designed by the late Lord Richard Rogers, The Emory will be an exclusive, world-class hub of art and culture which marks the addition of a modern masterpiece to the group's global luxury estate. Situated on Knightsbridge and overlooking Hyde Park, The Emory will present 60 extraordinary suites set over 8 floors and a spectacular penthouse occupying the entire 9th floor.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Waiter/ess you will be responsible for creating welcoming and friendly guest experiences while maintaining high levels of service and table management at all times. You will be an ambassador for the abc kitchens at The Emory and to promote the Restaurant and its concept to existing and potential customers.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Perform any other related duties or special tasks as requested by Management, ensuring seamless service for guests.
- Have full and detailed knowledge of all menus at all times and to contribute confidently in briefings and to guests.
- Whenever possible, to anticipate guests needs to enhance quality service to heighten client satisfaction and to encourage others to deliver the same.
- Be fully acquainted with the day to day restaurant operational standards.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure good communication and offer support.
- Follow abc kitchens and The Emory standards of service and delivery, maintaining budget goals, LQA standards and Forbes standards.
Successful candidates for the Waiter/ess opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to abc kitchens and The Emory and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service. You will already have worked in a busy restaurant environment within a similar role.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now