Restaurant General Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Restaurant General Manager to join the opening team of the ABC Kitchen at The Emory.
The Maybourne Hotel Group is proud to introduce a new architectural landmark to London. The final project designed by the late Lord Richard Rogers, The Emory will be an exclusive, world-class hub of art and culture which marks the addition of a modern masterpiece to the group's global luxury estate. Situated on Knightsbridge and overlooking Hyde Park, The Emory will present 60 extraordinary suites set over 8 floors and a spectacular penthouse occupying the entire 9th floor.
The progressive spirit of The Emory comes alive in the hotel's culinary offering on the ground floor, with world-famous chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten introducing his highly acclaimed ABC concept of fresh, local and conscious cuisine to London for the first time from his beloved Manhattan outpost. The ground floor space will also compromise The Emory Bar & Courtyard, available from early morning until late at night.
The menu will feature a combination of dishes from Jean-Georges’ 3 ABC concepts in New York – offering guests a choice of international cuisine from the original ABC Kitchen, Latin American dishes from ABC Cocina as well as creative and forward-thinking plant based dishes from ABCv.
ABC Kitchen at The Emory also reflect the farm-to-table, fresh-from-the-market approach long pioneered by Jean-Georges.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for developing and operating a cost effective operation which exceeds guest expectations through the service of high quality food and beverages in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
- Have overall responsibility for all aspects of the restaurant; in particular, related to sales, profit and the development of the restaurant staff.
- Be motivated and highly organised and preferably have previous experience within a similar role.
- Be a strong communicator.
- Be able to work well within a large team and have a special passion for hospitality and luxury service.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership skills and be able to lead and manage a large team.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour employee assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant employee recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Employee of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Staff Party, Annual Staff Children Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now