A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Cigar Sommelier to join Cigar Salon department team at The Emory.
The Maybourne is proud to introduce a new architectural landmark to London. The final project designed by the late Lord Richard Rogers, The Emory will be an exclusive, world-class hub of art and culture which marks the addition of a modern masterpiece to the group's global luxury estate. Situated on Knightsbridge and overlooking Hyde Park, The Emory will present 61 contemporary suites set over nine floors.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Cigar Sommelier, you will ensure the effective management of the department and you will manage the team in an efficient and professional manner encouraging continuous development at all levels. You will make sure that high level of cigar knowledge is kept within the department.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Whenever possible, to anticipate guests needs to enhance quality service to heighten client satisfaction and to train others to deliver the same.
- Proactively assist and support monthly stock-takes of the inventory storerooms and other areas as directed.
- Continuously assist with the monitoring and evaluation of The Cigar Merchants standards.
- Ensure that all goods are put away correctly and neatly and that all areas area cleaned according to the cleaning schedule.
- Ensure that inventoried items are stored properly and issued in rotation to minimize wastage and spoilage.
- Consistently deliver excellent LQA standard levels of service to ensure complete satisfaction of internal and external customers.
Successful candidates for the Cigar Sommelier opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Emory and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast-paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have worked in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now