Surrenne - Cafe Assistant
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Café Assistant to join the Surrenne department team at The Emory.
Dedicated to longevity and wellbeing, Surrenne is a private Members' Club in Knightsbridge. Discover modern rituals to awaken true transformation and elevate you to a new state of being, across four floors of immersive health, fitness and beauty services. Spearheaded by world-leading experts, Surrenne is a new paradigm of wellbeing, brought to you by Maybourne in Spring 2024.
The Maybourne is proud to introduce a new architectural landmark to London. The final project designed by the late Lord Richard Rogers, The Emory will be an exclusive, world-class hub of art and culture which marks the addition of a modern masterpiece to the group's global luxury estate. Situated on Knightsbridge and overlooking Hyde Park, The Emory will present 61 contemporary suites set over nine floors.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Café Assistant you will be providing a warm welcome and an excellent service experience to every guest and member in Surrenne Café, meeting and greeting guests and taking the drinks and food order throughout the day, serving and clearing plates to the departmental operational standards.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Prepare drinks and serve to guests and members in Surrenne Café and poolside.
- Collect food from the kitchen/pastry and bring it to the Surrenne Café to be served in Café only.
- Keep the Cafe tidy and clean at all times, ensuring all surfaces are well maintained and cleaned with the appropriate cleaning solution.
- Have a full awareness of allergens and dietary requirements. Special attention to potential cross-contamination and the avoidance of this.
- Be fully conversant with the current drinks and food menu of Surrenne Café, to make recommendations appropriately.
- Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Café Assistant opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Emory and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast-paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have worked in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now