We are seeking an exceptional Director of Wine to lead the wine programme at Claridge’s
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s. The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Director of Wine you will be responsible for:
- Leading the wine programme and sommelier teams across all Food and Beverage and retail outlets within the hotel.
- Sourcing and selecting wines from around the world through effective relationships with suppliers to add to Claridge’s wine cellar.
- Creating, maintaining and developing all wine stocks, wine sales and wine lists
- Creating memorable experiences for our guests, simultaneously ensuring that service is prompt and professional across all teams.
- Ensuring that our standards are adhered to at all times.
- Handling any complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that licensing laws, health and safety legislation is adhered to.
Successful candidates for our Director of Wine opportunity will:
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star or fine dining environment.
- You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player and proven leader
- Be fluent in spoken and written English, a second language is desirable, however this is not a prerequisite.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a pressured environment with the most demanding guests.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.