We are seeking an experienced Culinary Director to lead the culinary vision of Claridge’s and become part of Claridge’s Senior Leadership Team.
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining and impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s. The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”.
Claridge’s offers a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, the highly anticipated ‘Claridge’s Restaurant’ set to open in June 2023 and L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre within the kitchen. There are three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room, and extensive Events and Private Dining spaces.
As Culinary Director you will be responsible for the overall direction, strategic planning and implementation of the entire culinary programme at Claridge’s. You will oversee the culinary aspects of all food service departments including the Foyer & Reading Room, Claridge’s Restaurant, Events and Private Dining, In-Room Dining, all three bars, the ArtSpace Cafe and staff dining facilities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To oversee the day to day running and leadership of all kitchens at Claridge’s; ensuring the delivery of exceptional service and product standards across all areas.
- Oversee the people management and professional development of multiple large teams within the kitchen brigade.
- To be responsible for the creation, management and fulfilment of all kitchen budgets and work closely with the Food and Beverage outlet managers to ensure all revenue potentials are maximised.
- To lead in the creation of dishes and menu development with the support of the senior culinary team.
- To ensure the highest quality product whilst considering seasonality, choice and trends.
- To ensure complete Health and Safety, Food Safety and statutory training compliance across all kitchens.
- Proven experience within a fast paced, high performing 5 star luxury environment
- Previous experience across a multi outlet property
- Varied experience across fine dining and casual dining outlets is beneficial
- Passion for food, quality products and seasonal ingredients
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Passion for developing others and maximising team potential
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment
- Excellent attention to detail
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Free online GP video consultations.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour employee assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant employee recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Employee of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our infamous restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Staff Party, Annual Staff Children Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now