We are looking for a talented and passionate Sous Chef to join the Staff Restaurant kitchen team at the award-winning 5-Star deluxe Connaught Hotel.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Our staff restaurant offers a range of food and beverage for all staff members throughout the day.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Sous Chef, you will:
- Work closely with staff restaurant assistants and the Chef Manager, holding a key role in day to day operation of the staff restaurant.
- Be passionate about delivering quality dishes and products.
- Take an organised approach to your role and prioritise effectively to ensure the smooth running of your section, sharing your knowledge and supporting your team.
- Lead the team and the full operation in the absence of the Chef Manager.
As Sous Chef, you must:
- Be an exceptional team player with excellent communication skills.
- Have a key focus on detail and efficiency deliver exceptional dishes for our staff.
With this in mind, you will have experience ideally at similar level within a similar environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented chef who is ready on to take a new challenge and to develop your career within an award-winning hotel company.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now