A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious Sous Chef to lead the fining dining kitchen brigade at Hélène Darroze at The Connaught - the outstanding three Michelin-star and 5AA-Rosette restaurant by Cuisiniere Hélène Darroze.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Sous Chef, you will:
- Work closely with Hélène Darroze and the Head Chef to lead the brigade and to continue to develop the creativity of Hélène Darroze at The Connaught.
- Support the Head Chef with the daily management of all aspects of the kitchen.
- Work with the freshest seasonal produce and ingredients and within a highly talented brigade.
- Be responsible for ensuring the quality, consistency and delivery of all menus, the running of the kitchen and deputising in the absence of the Head Chef.
As Sous Chef, you will:
- Be passionate about working in a quality, renowned food environment and be an excellent manager who motivates and develops your brigade.
- Take a hands-on approach to your role and be able to organise and prioritise to ensure quality and service delivery.
- Have proven experience ideally at Sous or Executive Sous Chef level within a top quality restaurant or hotel environment, and previous experience at two or three Michelin-star level is essential for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented chef who is ready on to take a new challenge within Hélène’s outstanding brigade and to develop your career within an award-winning hotel company.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now