An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a talented and passionate Sommelier to join the team at Hélène Darroze at the Connaught - the outstanding three Michelin-star restaurant by Cuisiniere Hélène Darroze.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Sommelier, you will:
- Assist the Sommelier team to ensure professional, efficient and accurate service of all types of beverage in order to completely exceed guests’ expectations during their meal experience.
- Have an excellent and confident communicator.
- Take a hands-on approach to your role and be passionate about people, the delivery of exceptional guest service and the development of the team, with a strong focus on training and development.
As Sommelier, you will have:
- A solid understanding of both new and old world wines and successfully completed WSET or equivalent qualification to a high level.
- A natural flair for service and in delivering a strong service culture, with a natural ability to motivate and develop others.
- A proven background within in a leading luxury hotel and Michelin star restaurant environment within a senior role where quality food, wine and ingredients are key priorities.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now