Pastry Sous Chef
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious Pastry Sous Chef to join the Pastry Team at the award-winning 5-Star Connaught Hotel.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Pastry Sous Chef, you will:
- Be assisting the Executive Pastry Chef and Executive Pastry Sous Chef in the day to day running of the Connaught’s Pastry kitchen brigade.
- Oversee the operations of The Connaught Patisserie, Jean-Georges Restaurant, In-Room Dining, Events, Bars and all amenities, ensuring delivery of exceptional quality and consistency.
- Assist in leading the Pastry brigade to ensure quality standards are achieved and will have a key role in training and developing the team.
- Assist in managing the operation, including stock control, budgetary management and health and safety.
As Pastry Sous Chef, you must:
- Be an excellent team player with a hands-on and organised approach to your role.
- Be passionate about your team and working in a leading hotel operation.
- Be able to develop your team’s creative style, while building a stimulating and exciting environment within the department.
- Have previous solid experience at a similar level and proven experience within a quality hotel and/or restaurant Pastry kitchen team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented pastry chef who is ready on to take a new challenge to develop your career within an award-winning hotel company.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now