Head Restaurant Receptionist
We are looking for a Head Restaurant Receptionist at Hélène Darroze at the Connaught - the outstanding three Michelin-star and 5AA-Rosette restaurant by Cuisiniere Hélène Darroze.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Head Restaurant Receptionist, you will lead the team to:
- Provide a courteous and efficient service to all guests and maintain the levels of service to the highest standards throughout each shift.
- Be responsible for greeting and seating guests in a warm friendly manner to ensure that the highest standards of service are maintained at all times.
- Proudly represent Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and be a true ambassador for excellent service, dealing with all requests and queries in an efficient and professional manner, whether face to face or over the telephone.
As Head Restaurant Receptionist, you must:
- Be motivated, highly organised, passionate and have a special flair for hospitality.
- Be well presented, have excellent communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner.
- Be a strong communicator to ensure that important information is passed on to guests, the restaurant colleagues and the kitchen brigade.
- Work well under pressure and bring good administration skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is looking to further their skills and to develop their career in a busy Michelin star restaurant.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.