We are looking for an engaging and inspiring Front Office Supervisor to join the award-winning 5-Star deluxe Connaught Hotel.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Front Office Supervisor, you will:
- Ensure a smooth and efficient running of the shift adhering to the Connaught Standards and Procedures and exceeding guests’ expectations.
- Consistently monitor and train all Receptionists in collaboration with the Front Office management team.
- Be responsible to ensure all Receptionists are conversant with the company’s credit policy and all accounting procedures.
- Cover shifts as and when required and assist colleagues in the department.
- Be passionate, motivated, welcoming and highly organised to ensure that all requests and tasks are attended to without any delays.
- Be well presented, have excellent communication skills and has a pleasant telephone manner.
- Work well under pressure with excellent ability to co-ordinate efficiently with other departments and bring good administration and organisational skills.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience as Front Office Supervisor and will have worked in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.