An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a passionate Duty Manager to join the Front Office team at the award-winning 5-star deluxe Connaught Hotel.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Duty Manager you will:
- Assist, under the direction of the Assistant Front Office Manager and Front Office Manager, in the management of Reception operations, supervising the team and ensuring that guest service is maintained to the highest standards required by the company
- Have the ability to make decisions confidently
- Remain calm and focused when faced with emergency and security situations
- Use good judgement to escalate situations whenever appropriate
- Ensure that guests are provided with outstanding and consistent service throughout their stay and always aim to exceed expectations.
Your assistance and contribution to the company is also key in achieving departmental objective, maximising occupancy and maintaining as well as building on the reputation of the hotel and to ensure that business objectives are accomplished.
- Be an accomplished manager who shares our passion for delivering an amazing and outstanding guest service
- Have proven experience in Front Office within a similar establishment (essential)
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation with strong communication and people management skills
- Be an excellent and confident communicator, able to take a hands-on and proactive approach to your role with a key focus on developing and supporting your immediate colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.