Development Sous Chef
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious Development Sous Chef to join the kitchen brigade at Hélène Darroze at The Connaught - the outstanding three Michelin-star and 5AA-Rosette restaurant by Cuisiniere Hélène Darroze.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As Development Sous Chef, you will:
- Work closely with Hélène Darroze and the Executive Chef to lead the innovation of the menu and continue to develop the creativity of Hélène Darroze at The Connaught.
- Support the Head Chef with the daily management of the kitchen.
- Be working with the freshest seasonal products and ingredients and within a highly talented brigade.
- Be responsible for ensuring the quality, consistency and delivery of all menus, the running of the kitchen.
As Development Sous Chef, you will:
- Be passionate about working in a quality, renowned food environment.
- Be an excellent manager who motivates and develops your brigade.
- Take a hands-on approach to your role and be able to organise and prioritise to ensure quality and service delivery.
- Have proven experience ideally at Sous or Executive Sous Chef level within a top quality restaurant or hotel environment, and previous experience at 2 or 3 Michelin Star level is essential for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented chef who is ready on to take a new challenge within Hélène's outstanding brigade and to develop your career within an award-winning hotel company.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now