A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate and dedicated Commis Sommelier to join the Jean-Georges Sommelier team at The Connaught Hotel.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Commis Sommelier, you will:
- Assist the Sommelier team to ensure professional, efficient and accurate service of all types of beverage in order to completely exceed guests’ expectations during their meal experience.
- Be an excellent and confident communicator, who will take a hands-on approach to your role.
- Be passionate about people, the delivery of exceptional guest service and with a strong focus on training and development.
As Commis Sommelier, you must:
- Have a solid understanding of both new and old world wines and successfully completed or currently studying WSET or equivalent qualification to a high level.
- Have a natural flair for service and in delivering a strong service culture.
- Have a proven background within a similar position and environment where quality food, wine and ingredients are key priorities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team in one of London’s most renowned hotels and offers excellent opportunities for career development and progression.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.