A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate and dedicated Commis Sommelier to join the Jean-Georges Sommelier team at The Connaught Hotel.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Commis Sommelier, you will:
- Assist the Sommelier team to ensure professional, efficient and accurate service of all types of beverage in order to completely exceed guests’ expectations during their meal experience.
- Be an excellent and confident communicator, who will take a hands-on approach to your role.
- Be passionate about people, the delivery of exceptional guest service and with a strong focus on training and development.
As Commis Sommelier, you must:
- Have a solid understanding of both new and old world wines and successfully completed or currently studying WSET or equivalent qualification to a high level.
- Have a natural flair for service and in delivering a strong service culture.
- Have a proven background within a similar position and environment where quality food, wine and ingredients are key priorities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team in one of London’s most renowned hotels and offers excellent opportunities for career development and progression.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now