Chef de Partie
We are looking for a talented and passionate Chef de Partie to join the Kitchen team of The Connaught Grill - one of The Connaught's newest ventures, due to relaunch in November 2021.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Located on the ground floor of the hotel, the intimate 46 seat The Connaught Grill is under the direction of internationally renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. This is his modern interpretation of a classic grill with an open kitchen complete with wood burning grill and rotisserie offering the finest British sourced produce, and a menu which includes ingredients from langoustines to Dover sole to English game and Wagyu beef. The restaurant offers an exceptional wine list drawn from The Connaught wine cellar, offering some of the greatest producers in the world.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As Chef de Partie, you will:
- Work closely with the Sous and Junior Sous Chefs and hold a key role in day to day operation of The Connaught.
- Be passionate about working with the finest, freshest ingredients and in delivering quality dishes and products.
- Take an organised approach to your role and prioritise effectively to ensure the smooth running of your section, sharing your knowledge and supporting in the training and development of the Demi and Commis Chefs in the brigade.
- Be an exceptional team player with excellent communication skills.
- Have a key focus on detail to deliver outstanding quality and service within a high profile kitchen.
- Have experience ideally at similar level within a quality dining environment and have proven relevant experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented chef who is ready on to take a new challenge within an outstanding brigade and to develop your career within an award-winning hotel company.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now