A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate Bar Back to join the opening team in The Red Room, the Connaught’s newest venture, soon to open.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Located in the heart of the hotel, the theme of the bar is surrounded by art, fine wines and spirits. The wine list will highlight the extensive selection the hotel proudly holds within the cellar, inclusive of 20 premium wines by the glass served with Coravin. Selected spirits are handpicked and bespoke, available only in The Red Room and a selection of wine based cocktails will change according the seasons. The unique art and contemporary feeling, combined with past traditions will set the philosophy for the bar, providing comfort and unrivalled service for our guests.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Bar Back, you will:
- Be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering an outstanding guest experience.
- Be an excellent and confident communicator and have the ability to multi task and prioritise your duties to ensure a fantastic experience of The Red Room.
- Enable you and the rest of your team to provide a service experience that is personal to each of our guests.
As Bar Bar, you must:
- Be passionate about people and in joining a team committed to delivering an outstanding bar experience.
- Have previous experience within a similar role, and some knowledge of quality wines, products, cocktails and tea and coffee. However your commitment to your team and guest service delivery will set you apart.
This is an excellent opportunity to join and play a part in the opening of a fantastic bar team in one of London’s most exclusive luxury hotels that offers excellent career and development opportunities.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now