Pastry Commis Chef
We are looking for a talented Pastry Commis Chef to join the pastry team at the award-winning 5-Star Luxury Connaught Hotel.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Pastry Commis Chef, you will:
- Assist the Pastry team in the preparation and service of food, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times and to ensure that the kitchen areas designated, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required
- Be passionate about working with the finest and freshest ingredients and responsible for the making of an indulgent range of delicate desserts, superb petit fours and other patisserie.
- Take an organised approach to your role and prioritise effectively to ensure the smooth running of your section, sharing your knowledge and supporting the brigade.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and quality driven pastry chef who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join one of London’s most prestigious and renowned brigades.
You will be a talented individual and an exceptional team player with excellent communication skills and have a key focus on detail to deliver outstanding quality and service within a high profile kitchen.
With this in mind, you will have previous experience at a similar level and have proven skills within a quality hotel and/or restaurant pastry team.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now