We are seeking a motivated Senior Chef de Partie to join the pastry kitchen team. The pastry kitchen is responsible for the preparation and service of food within the Foyer and Reading Room, renowned for Afternoon Tea, In Room Dining and our luxury event space, catering for around 1000 people per day. Seasonal ingredients and locally sourced produce are the hallmarks of our dining menus. Simply delicious, and deliciously simple.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Prepare ingredients for and during service working alongside the Pastry team
- Assist the Head Pastry Chef in being responsible for the management of all pastry and Bakery production to clients within the Hotel.
- Ensure that the highest standards are maintained in the preparation of food
- Instruct, brief and supervise the Chef de Parties and the brigade in their daily tasks, assist them in their preparation of food.
- Participate in supervising and preparation of all baked goods pastries and desserts in accordance with established recipes.
- Maintain high levels of communication between Sous Chefs and Chef de Parties at all times, in particular ensuring special messages / requests are dealt with promptly.
- Prepare food requisitions in accordance with daily routine, taking into account advance planning, special bookings and staffing levels.
- Ensure that the kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy
- Maintain a positive relationship with the kitchen and front of house team
- Experience as a Chef de Partie or higher within a fast paced pastry kitchen environment
- Ability to demonstrate advanced patisserie skills including chocolate tempering
- 5-star experience in a similar position is essential for this role
- Passion for food and quality products and ingredients
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.