We are seeking an exceptional Receptionist to join the Claridge’s team.
Please note that this role requires to cover night shifts on rota basis (22:00pm - 08:00am), approximately each 3 - 4 weeks you will cover 1 - 2 weeks night shifts.
As Receptionist, you will provide a courteous and efficient service to all guests and maintain the levels of service to the highest standards at all times. You will be responsible for greeting guests in a warm friendly manner and be a true ambassador for excellent service, dealing with all requests and queries in an efficient and professional manner, whether face to face or over the telephone.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating renowned memorable experiences for all our guests;
- Checking our guests in and out, escorting them to their rooms and cross-selling the hotel’s departments. Building rapport with each individual guest, in order to create emotional bonds;
- Performing the close of day function;
- Ensuring that the day-business is complete and correct;
- As part of your daily tasks you will also be required to take reservations and ensure that all instructions are carried out and processed accordingly;
- Handling cash and foreign currency exchange;
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences that result in lasting memories.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Have immaculate personal presentation.
- Be able to work in a pressured environment, and consistently reach our high standards.
- Your shift pattern will be approximately three to four months of day shifts and three weeks of night shifts on a rotating basis.
You must be passionate, motivated, welcoming and highly organised to ensure that all requests are attended to without any delays. You will need to be well presented, have excellent communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner. You need to work well under pressure with excellent ability to co-ordinate efficiently with other departments and bring good administration skills.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience as Receptionist and will have worked in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now