We are seeking an exceptional Pastry Chef de Partie to join our Michelin-star team at Davies and Brook.
While sharing some influences with Daniel Humm's iconic Eleven Madison Park, the food, interior and feel of Davies and Brook combine to create a Michelin-star restaurant that’s entirely its own with the menu reflecting London’s eclectic cultural scene.
Davies and Brook focuses on warm, inviting and engaging hospitality. Guests of the fine dining restaurant can expect a menu that embraces the heritage of its location with a contemporary sensibility.
Our colleagues possess passion for attention to detail and service style that reflects the elegance and timelessness that has been long established in Claridge’s
Main duties & responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable with all restaurant menus with regard to the particular items relating to the pastry department and other kitchen areas, as direct.
- Be responsible for the production of food within your designated section.
- Ensure that food preparation is of the highest standard at all times.
- Ensure that portion control is maintained in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure that the appropriate amount of mise-en-place is kept in stock.
- Work with other Pastry Chefs to ensure consistent recipe execution and presentation of menu items.
- Encourage communication regarding food service.
- Maintain communication with staff in the section and ensure that everyone is well informed.
- Cooperate with the Head Pastry Chef and/or Pastry Sous Chef and communicate any issues, problems or complaints to supervisors.
- Be fully conversant with policies and culture as dictated by Claridge’s and Make it Nice.
- The successful candidate will be a highly skilled individual who is motivated by working within the pastry department and working as part of the wider Kitchen team.
- We are looking for an applicant who thrives under pressure, is outgoing, flexible, well organised, and has excellent attention to detail.
- A strong and natural ability to work independently and as a member of a team is essential.
- You will have a proven background in pastry within fine dining restaurants where quality plays an important role.
- A sound knowledge of baking, pastry, and a variety of cooking techniques would be beneficial for this role.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.