Pastry Chef de Partie
Following the recent announcement that Chef Daniel Humm of Make it Nice Hospitality will take the helm at Claridge’s new restaurant, Davies and Brook, we are seeking a highly talented and motivated Pastry Chef de Partie to join our Kitchen team.
About Make it Nice & Davies and Brook:
Widely regarded as one of the world’s culinary leaders and innovators, Chef Daniel Humm operates Eleven Madison Park, voted No.1 in the world by The World’s 50 Best Restaurants in 2017 as well as the NoMad restaurants and bars in New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas and Made Nice, a fast-casual restaurant in New York City.
Davies and Brook will be led by Executive Chef, Dmitri Magi, previously Chef de Cuisine at Eleven Madison Park. Davies and Brook will focus on warm, inviting and engaging hospitality. Guests of the fine dining restaurant can expect a menu that embraces the heritage of its location with a contemporary sensibility.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
Our new restaurant Davies and Brook is set to open Autumn 2019.
Scope & Purpose
As Pastry Chef de Partie, you will assist the Pastry team in the preparation and service of all desserts, pastry items, and other menu items, as needed for the restaurant, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times and ensuring that the designated kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required of the restaurant.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable with all restaurant menus with regard to the particular items relating to the pastry department and other kitchen areas, as direct.
- Be responsible for the production of food within your designated section.
- Ensure that food preparation is of the highest standard at all times.
- Ensure that portion control is maintained in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure that the appropriate amount of mise-en-place is kept in stock.
- Work with other Pastry Chefs to ensure consistent recipe execution and presentation of menu items.
- Encourage communication regarding food service.
- Maintain communication with staff in the section and ensure that everyone is well informed.
- Cooperate with the Head Pastry Chef and/or Pastry Sous Chef and communicate any issues, problems or complaints to supervisors.
- Be fully conversant with policies and culture as dictated by Claridge’s and Make it Nice.
- The successful candidate will be a highly skilled individual who is motivated by working within the pastry department and working as part of the wider Kitchen team.
- We are looking for an applicant who thrives under pressure, is outgoing, flexible, well organised, and has excellent attention to detail.
- A strong and natural ability to work independently and as a member of a team is essential.
- You will have a proven background in pastry within fine dining restaurants where quality plays an important role.
- A sound knowledge of baking, pastry, and a variety of cooking techniques would be beneficial for this role.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now