We are seeking an exceptional Night Luggage Porter to join the Claridge’s team.
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s. The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Handling luggage and other guest properties with the utmost care and efficiency
- Loading and unload luggage from vehicles in a safe and efficient manner
- Recording and time in the appropriate departure and arrival log books all luggage movements and number of pieces at all times
- Ensuring that you know the name, location and time of functions taking place in banqueting prior to commencing your duties
- Labelling and marking up guest newspapers as directed for delivering to guest rooms in the prescribed manner
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences that result in lasting memories.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Have ideally worked in a similar role within a hotel environment.
- Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Immaculate personal presentation and confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.