Learning and Development Manager
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a talented and passionate Learning and Development Manager to lead the training and development function at the award-winning 5-Star Claridge's Hotel.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes excelling at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Learning & Development Manager you will be responsible for:
- Facilitating learning and development programmes within Claridge’s and across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Promoting learning and development at Claridge’s both internally and externally, on and off the job and for employees within the Hotel.
- Driving service and quality standards through targeted solutions.
- Assisting with the design and delivery of training programmes and departmental specific training initiatives.
- Design and delivery of creative and impactful short training sessions within the departments.
Reporting directly to the Group Learning and Development Manager, you must:
- Work closely with the Human Resources team and the hotel operation to deliver the Connaught’s people agenda.
- Be a highly motivated self starter with the ability to deliver to deadlines and prioritise effectively.
- Be an excellent and confident communicator, being passionate about people, service delivery and have the opportunity to influence and impact across all areas of the hotel, taking a proactive hands-on approach to your role.
- Be an experienced and accomplished training professional with experience at a similar level or ready to take on your next step within a high profile environment.
- Have proven experience within a training role and of managing the training cycle within the luxury hospitality or service sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the management team at one of London’s most renowned hotels and offers excellent opportunities for development and progression.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.