Junior Sous Chef
We are seeking an exceptional Junior Sous Chef to join the Kitchen team within Claridge’s. Our colleagues possess an intuitive service style that reflects the elegance and timelessness that has been long established in Claridge’s.
Working alongside our Executive Head Chef, Martyn Nail and Executive Sous Chef, Adam Pierson, our Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of our main kitchen. Our delicious dining menus are extensive and yet refreshingly simple, using locally sourced seasonal produce.
Claridge’s is London’s art deco jewel, with a rich history and heritage that all started in the 19th century. Claridge's prides itself on impeccable service. For generations we’ve catered to our guests' every whim, both inside and outside the hotel, offering a unique, genuinely bespoke approach to meet the needs of the tired, the excited and the exacting traveller.
Main duties & responsibilities
- The supervision, preparation and service of food within the Foyer and Reading Room, In Room Dining and our luxury event space, catering for around 1000 people per day.
- Ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- The development and ongoing learning of Chef de Parties, Demi Chef de Parties, Commis Chefs and Apprentice chefs.
- Ensuring that the kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy.
- Appropriate mise-en-place, stock rotation and portion control.
- Be able to lead and manage a large fine dining establishment
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Demonstrate an absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star or fine dining environment.
- You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now