Human Resources & Recruitment Officer
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources and Recruitment Officer to join the Human Resources team, looking after all aspects of Human Resources from recruitment and selection to employee relations.
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s. The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Work with the Human Resources team to operate an efficient service to team members and managers, ensuring compliance with Claridge’s and Maybourne Hotel Group policies and procedures and current legislation;
- Recruitment and selection processes; managing adverts, applications and candidate experience to ensure that vacancies are filled within a timely manner along with all relevant paperwork including contracts and referencing;
- Support and or lead Employee Relation matters including probation reviews, disciplinary and grievance matters including investigations, minute taking and letter writing;
- Assist in the training and development of colleagues alongside the Learning and Development manager.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service;
- Have worked within a similar role within the hotel or hospitality industry;
- Have previous recruitment and selection experience as well as an understanding of UK Employment Law;
- Excellent IT and administration skills;
- Have immaculate personal presentation, with a welcoming personality;
- Be able to work in a pressured environment, maintaining high standards and consistent customer care.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.