Host / Hostess (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking an exceptional Host / Hostess to join the Foyer & Reading Room team at Claridge's .
This is a maternity cover role until March 2024.
Claridge’s is London’s art deco jewel, with a rich history and heritage that all started in the 19th century. The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it’s the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Welcoming guests to the Foyer & Reading Room, and escorting the guests to their table with seamless efficiency, and that leaves a positive lasting impression.
- Creating genuine emotional bonds with guests, in order to build loyalty and create exceptional service experiences.
- Answering telephone calls, making reservations and managing bookings.
- Liaising with our Food & Beverage Executive, Reservations and Front Office teams for bookings.
- Coordinating with the Restaurant Director and Executive Chef for special requests, menus and assisting other colleagues throughout service.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star or fine dining environment.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now