Claridge’s is London’s art deco jewel, with a rich history and heritage that all started in the 19th century. The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it’s the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Welcoming guests to the Foyer & Reading Room, and escorting the guests to their table with seamless efficiency, and that leaves a positive lasting impression.
- Ensuring that the guests are seated according to specific requests and seating floor plan.
- Taking inventory of open tables by continually rotating the dining room.
- Creating genuine emotional bonds with guests, in order to build loyalty and create exceptional service experiences.
- Ensuring that the Hosts / Hostesses are fully conversant with all menus and learn the correct presentation, garnish and the correct accompaniments for all dishes served.
- Answering telephone calls, making reservations and managing bookings.
- Liaising with our Food & Beverage Executive, Reservations and Front Office teams for bookings.
- Coordinating with the Restaurant Director and Executive Chef for special requests, menus and assisting other colleagues throughout service.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star or fine dining environment.
- You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a pressured environment with the most demanding guests.
- Immaculate personal presentation with a warm and welcoming personality.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.