We are seeking an exceptional Evening Room Attendant to join the Claridge’s team. Our colleagues possess an intuitive service style that reflects the elegance and timelessness that has been long established in Claridge’s.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes such as our wonderful, contemporary suites. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
Main duties & responsibilities
As an Evening Room Attendant you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining approximately 9 of our gorgeous rooms per day.
- Ensuring that the highest possible standard of cleanliness is achieved, supplies are replenished, and that our guests are made to feel at home.
- Creating renowned memorable experiences for all our guests.
- Keeping the maid service area, cupboards and guest corridors clean and tidy.
- Reporting defects in the room, to ensure that our standards remain at the highest level.
- Assisting the Housekeeping team to ensure efficiency and seamless service.
Successful candidates for our Evening Room Attendant opportunity will:
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service
- Have ideally worked in a similar role within a hotel environment, however this is not a prerequisite. Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Immaculate personal presentation with welcoming personality
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.