We are seeking an exceptional Restaurant Supervisor to join the team at Claridge’s.
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s. The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As Restaurant Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the highest level of food and beverage service.
- Supporting management and team members, adjusting their priority according to the operational needs of the team.
- Having a comprehensive understanding of the food menu and wine, cocktail and beer programmes.
- Establishing a genuine and strong rapport with guests, based on their expectations.
- Creating memorable experiences for our guests, simultaneously ensuring that service is prompt and professional, and that our standards are adhered to.
- Handling complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that licensing laws, health and safety legislation is adhered to.
Successful candidates for our Restaurant Supervisor opportunity will:
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star or fine dining environment. You will have a passion for food and beverage with excellent knowledge.
- Be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English, a second language is desirable, however this is not a prerequisite.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now