We are seeking an exceptional Barista to join the Claridge's Restaurant team at Claridge’s.
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s. The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Barista you will be responsible for:
- Creating memorable experiences for our guests, simultaneously ensuring that service is prompt and professional.
- Having an advanced level of knowledge of our coffee and tea programme and are able to speak fluently about our suppliers and any techniques directly associated with these offerings.
- Being able to accurately make all coffee and tea as outlined in their training from the supplier.
- Having a comprehensive knowledge of food, cocktails, wines by the glass and beer selection, allowing them to answer any guest inquiries or support with service if needed.
- Providing intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences that result in lasting memories.
- Ensuring seamless service at all times.
- Creating genuine emotional bonds with guests, in order to build loyalty and create genuinely exceptional memories.
Successful candidates for our Barista opportunity will:
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role as a Barista.
- You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a pressured environment with the most demanding guests.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now