We are seeking an exceptional Commis Chef to join the Claridge’s team. Our colleagues possess an intuitive service style that reflects the elegance and timelessness that has been long established in Claridge’s.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes, such as contemporary suites and a Michelin-starred restaurant, Fera at Claridge’s. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Commis Chef you will be responsible for:
- The preparation and service of exquisite items within the Foyer and Reading Room, In Room Dining and our luxury event space, catering for around 1000 people per day.
- Ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- Working with and supporting Chef de Parties, Demi Chef de Parties and First Commis Chefs.
- Ensuring that the kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy.
- Appropriate mise-en-place, stock rotation and portion control.
Successful candidates for our Commis Chef opportunity will:
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Demonstrate an absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star or fine dining environment.
- You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now