At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
On average, Muse, our staff restaurant serves 80 breakfasts, 250 lunches and 160 dinner in a day, 7 days a week.
As a Chef Manager you will be responsible for day to day supervision, preparation and service of food in the Staff Restaurant, ensuring that the highest standards required by the hotel are maintained at all times. To ensure that strict hygiene controls are performed in all kitchen and service areas. To assist with the management of the kitchen as and when delegated by the Executive Head Chef and ensure a smooth running of the kitchen and service when the Executive Chef / Sous Chef is not present. To ensure training of employees is maintained. To ensure Health and Safety standards are kept high and procedures are followed.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Head Chef with the management of all food production for hotel staff
- Supervise the preparation of regular food items, daily specials and special functions. (i.e. Theme days and special functions for the staff)
- Assist the Executive Head Chef with food purchases and stock control and ensuring that stock levels are in line with company requirements
- Instruct, brief and supervise the brigade in their daily tasks and when required assist them in their preparation of food
- Ensure the service team is fully briefed on a daily basis for service
- Maintain high levels of communication between Sous Chefs and kitchen brigade at all times and liaising with the outlet manager. Particular attention should be brought to ensuring special requests are dealt with promptly and to company standards
- Prepare food requisitions in accordance with daily routine, taking into account advance planning, special occasions (i.e. Staff appreciation days, Christmas, etc.) and staffing levels
- Assist the Executive Head Chef with the planning and preparing of menus
- Ensure that maximum effort is given to achieve an efficient service whilst maintaining the highest possible standards
- Visit the service section of the outlet regularly and advise the Executive Head Chef as necessary of any difficulties
- Strong customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Ability to deal with high profile clients in a professional manner
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now