Chef de Partie
Following the recent announcement that Chef Daniel Humm and Restaurateur Will Guidara of Make it Nice Hospitality will take the helm at Claridge’s new restaurant, Davies and Brook, we are seeking a highly talented and motivated Chef de Partie to join our Kitchen team.
About Make it Nice & Davies and Brook:
Widely regarded as two of the world’s culinary leaders and innovators, Humm and Guidara operate Eleven Madison Park, voted No.1 in the world by The World’s 50 Best Restaurants in 2017 as well as the NoMad restaurants and bars in New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas and Made Nice, a fast-casual restaurant in New York City.
Davies and Brook will be led by Executive Chef, Dmitri Magi, previously Chef de Cuisine at Eleven Madison Park. Davies and Brook will focus on warm, inviting and engaging hospitality. Guests of the fine dining restaurant can expect a menu that embraces the heritage of its location with a contemporary sensibility.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
Our new restaurant Davies and Brook is set to open in summer 2019.
Scope & Purpose
As Chef de Partie, you will assist in the preparation and service of menu items and other food, as needed for the restaurant, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times and ensuring that the designated kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required of the restaurant.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Prepare ingredients for and during service working alongside the junior sous chef and sous chef
- Manage and support a team of commis chefs and demi chef de parties on the section
- Ensure that the highest standards are maintained in the preparation of food
- Support the rest of the kitchen team during service to ensure a smooth operation
- Ensure that the kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy
- Maintain a positive relationship with the kitchen and front of house team
- Experience as a chef de partie or higher in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Luxury hotel experience would be beneficial
- Passion for food and quality products and ingredients
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now