We are seeking a knowledgeable bartender to join the effortlessly elegant Painter's Room Bar team.
An ode to the artistic haunts of Provence and Italy, The Painter’s Room is a stylish, art deco hideaway. Step from the monochrome corridor into a cocooning space, where fine lines and bright accents form a striking canvas for creative spirits and seasonal bites.
Cocktails here are light and local – with a focus on British, French and Italian producers. From the Saint Remy to the signature Almost a Bellini, expect fresh flavours alongside boutique pours, and a carefully curated wine list that serves up the finest vintages by the glass.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Creating memorable experiences for our guests, simultaneously ensuring that service is prompt and professional.
- Working with the Head Bartender and Bartenders to create cocktails that are timelessly classic.
- Fully conversant in serving cocktails, drinks and food to Claridge’s standards.
- Handling complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that licensing laws, health and safety legislation is adhered to.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star or fine dining environment.
- You will have a passion for cocktails and quality products, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a pressured environment with the most demanding guests.
- Have exceptional product knowledge, specifically around classic Cocktails.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.