Assistant Front Office Manager
We are seeking an exceptional Assistant Front Office Manager to join the Claridge’s team.
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s. The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Creating renowned memorable experiences for all our guests.
- Supervising the Reception team
- Achieving the departmental objectives of maximising occupancy
- Maintaining and building on the reputation of the hotel and ensuring that business objectives are accomplished
- Ensuring guest service is maintained to the Maybourne Hotel Group standards
- Evaluating employees, recommend promotion, and manage performance including conducting disciplinary hearings
- Ensuring that training is carried out for new employees and inspecting their work, correcting and giving directions where ever it is needed
- Experience within a similar role in a fast paced luxury environment is essential
- Passion for highly personalised service
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate leading and managing a large team
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.