Assistant Events Operations Manager
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
Claridge’s is one of London’s premiere party venues for guests from rock stars to royalty. From grand balls to cocktail parties, our legendary Art Deco hotel offers an exquisite setting for celebrations large and small.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Creating renowned memorable experiences for all our guests.
- The seamless running of large events that take place within our ground floor events spaces which include The Ballroom, The Drawing Room, The Mirror Room and French Salon.
- Overseeing the setting up, serving and clearing down of all functions including breakfasts, lunches, dinners, weddings, barmitzvahs and conferences for 6-800 guests
- The supervision, motivation, training and management of a large team of up to 100.
- Other aspects of the role include strict adherence to Health and Safety and Employment Law regulations, compiling the work rota, monitoring wage costings and stocktaking.
- The ideal candidate would be exceptionally organised, have keen attention to detail, outstanding interpersonal skills and be driven by passion! As a main point of contact, it is important to be able to supervise, motivate, train and manage a large team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to demonstrate supervisory skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate 5* service in Food & Beverage
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Ability to deal with high profile clients in a professional manner
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.