Claridge’s is London’s art deco jewel, with a rich history and heritage that all started in the 19th century. The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it’s the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Sommelier you will be responsible for:
- Creating memorable experiences for our guests, simultaneously ensuring that service is prompt and professional.
- Recommending our exceptional wines to our guests for every occasion.
- Ensuring that our standards are adhered to at all times
- Handling complaints in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring that licensing laws, health and safety legislation is adhered to.
Successful candidates for our Sommelier opportunity will:
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star or fine dining environment.
- You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English, a second language is desirable, however this is not a prerequisite.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a pressured environment with the most demanding guests.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.