We are seeking an exceptional Junior Butler to join the butler team, which is a key part of our in room dining operation, responsible for looking after our guests in our luxury feature suites.
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s. The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth operation of our luxury feature suites, including serving food and beverage, organising private dinner parties, taking care of guest’s laundry including unpacking and packing of guest’s luggage
- Liaise with other departments to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible, anticipating their needs and exceeding their expectations at every opportunity
- Build rapport with each individual guest, in order to create emotional bonds
- Experience within a similar role within a hotel environment is preferable; however this is not a prerequisite
- Have immaculate personal presentation
- Successful candidates will need to have strong Food and Beverage knowledge
- Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Ability to deal with high profile clients in a profession manner
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.