Director of Bars
We are seeking an experienced Director of Bars who strives for service perfection, and the ultimate in luxury guest experience to join our team at Claridge’s to oversee Claridge’s Bar, The Fumoir and The Painter’s Room.
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s. The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, the newly opened Claridge’s Restaurant and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As Director of Bars you will ensure the seamless running of Claridge’s Bar, The Fumoir and The Painters Room by developing the team to provide excellent customer service, and elevate the hotel’s beverage offering in line with Claridge’s standards and vision. You will be a proven professional in the management team at Claridge’s ensuring the achievement of optimum profitability and maintaining the financial control of the departments whilst ensuring the highest standards.
Successful candidates for our Director of Bars opportunity will:
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star or fine dining environment.
- You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player and proven leader
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Be able to implement innovative ideas in order to continue to delight our guests whilst maximising revenues and efficiencies
- Excellent knowledge of wines, liquor and champagnes
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Ability to train and develop a large team
- Excellent organisation skills
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour employee assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant employee recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Employee of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Staff Party, Annual Staff Children Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now