Barista / Sales Associate
We are seeking an exceptional Barista / Sales Associate to join the L'Epicerie at Claridge’s.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
L’Epicerie at Claridge’s is our culinary pop-up on Brook Street, offering a taste of the legendary kitchens of Claridge’s under the direction of our Executive Chef Martyn Nail. Open daily, choose from our selection of takeaway coffees, hot chocolate and smoothies, or pick up sourdough toasties and fresh, delicate pastries.
The pop-up L’Epicerie includes a curated collection of the hotel’s most-loved gifts and the season’s must-haves. From our lobby's iconic Rocking Zebra for little ones to Claridge’s Bar bespoke champagne flutes, sommelier-selected wines from our cellars and the hotel's signature blend of tea, a taste of Claridge's is yours to savour at home.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Creating memorable experiences for our guests, simultaneously ensuring that service is prompt and professional.
- Have an advanced level of knowledge of our coffee/snack menu and merchandising items. Been able to speak fluently about these offerings.
- Be able to accurately make all coffee, tea and snacks as outlined in their training from the suppliers and Chefs.
- To have an excellent knowledge of all products served and sold in L’Epicerie.
- Ensuring all responsibilities set out by the manager/supervisor in the opening and end of day procedure of L’Epicerie are met and completed in the time set out to you.
- Whenever possible, to anticipate clients’ needs to enhance quality service and to heighten client satisfaction. To upsell products where possible.
- To efficiently and confidently serve tables for guests dining in at the L’Epicerie
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role as a Barista or a Sales Associate.
- You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a pressured environment with the most demanding guests.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now